Each February we see a heightened focus on Valentines Day and romantic love. While I’m all for beautiful romantic relationships, I’d love to see the Love Month concentrate on ways to expand love within ourselves, our families, our communities, and our world.
Might sound like a tall order, but not really. Very doable.
How could we “expand love” within ourselves? Here’s a few ideas:
- Spend quiet time in nature. Take a silent walk and use all your senses to truly be in the experience.
- Listen to music that touches your soul.
- Cuddle with your pet or volunteer at the local animal shelter (everyone benefits)
- Take a few minutes to shut your eyes, put your hand on your heart and imagine breathing in, and out of your heart space.
- Write in your journal using a prompt such as: “I feel loved and loving when_____” then act on what you wrote.
- Write a love letter to yourself. Mail it.
- BONUS: OK, here’s the big one I learned from the incredible Louise...