You are invited to share quiet time in an in-person community experience.
Our Next Session:
Thurs, June 16th 8am
Northern Fauquier Community Park
4155 Monroe Parkway
Marshall, VA 20115
In June we offer our first Walking Meditation! All fitness levels welcome; seated meditation is also an option.
This beautiful park is located between the town of Marshall and the town of The Plains. (Route 55). Off of 17.
If coming from Marshall you take a left into the park. If coming from The Plains take a right.
We will meet at the second Parking Lot Area on the left under the Overhang called Oak Glen around 8:00am so we may start our mediation by 8:15am. If it is raining, we will simply sit under one of the many beautiful shelters on site.
- Time: 8 - 9:00 am ET, typically the third Thursday of each month
- Free, no pre-registration, walk ins only on a first come basis
- No prior meditation experience necessary
- Open to the public, all welcome
- General Format:
- 8am doors open
- 8:10am doors close; introduction of meditation
- 8:15 - 8:45am meditation (this will vary per month; could include guided, silent or moving meditations as offered by host)
- 8:45am time for reflection and sharing
- 9am depart
- All participants agree to abide by the following guidelines.
In case of inclement weather, this group will follow the decision of Fauquier County Schools. If schools are closed, there will be no session.
If the third Thursday falls on a federal holiday, there will be no meditation session.
A special thanks to:
- Path Foundation for generously donating the Warrenton space for these meditations
- Stephanie F and Stephen W for our group photos.
Please invite your friends and family to join us!
The Community Meditations for Inner Peace was created by friends who desired to share the gift of inner peace with their community.
Your hosts are shown below in order from left to right: Shari Goodwin, Kerry Waters, Unyong Kim and Diane L Haworth.